Children, Young People and Maternity
NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney CCG is committed to ensuring that all children and young people achieve their full potential.
The CCG is committed to the healthcare of children, young people and their families. To do this effectively, it is important that we work collaboratively with the Norfolk and Suffolk local authorities, education departments, and voluntary sector and public health commissioners wherever possible in terms of services for children and young people. We will focus on areas where it has been identified that closer integrated working will achieve the maximum impact for both individuals and organisations alike, and we intend to build on existing projects and examples of good practice, where the benefits of integrated working can be shown and with the children and young people at the centre of all we do. The CCG will continue to implement the health requirements of the Children’s and Families Act 2014 taking forward the Government’s commitments to improve services for vulnerable children and young people and develop and agree joint commissioning arrangements for children and young people. Where appropriate the CCG will explore the development of personal budgets for children and young people. Following a clinical review, we expect to implement the recommendations, for short break/respite services.
Key priorities in the 1 year operational plan:
- Commission a new community service model for children and young people who have learning disabilities.
- Commission improved pathways for community pediatric services
- Commission county-wide systems for children’s/adolescent/young people’s mental health services with our partners
- GYWCCG will assess and form a local response to the National Maternity Review that has been undertaken by Baroness Cumberlege, looking to have a particular focus on perinatal mental health services.
- Address challenges such as rising childhood obesity levels with support of colleagues in public health
Looking for Safeguarding? Here's the link
You can view our 'Operational Policy for Children Continuing Care' here.