Primary Care Commissioning Committee
The NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney CCG Primary Care Commissioning Committee is the local body responsible for the commissioning of GP services in the Great Yarmouth and Waveney area. The CCG took on this new delegated role from NHS England on 01 April 2016. The Committee makes decisions locally on how family doctor (GP) services are commissioned. The Committee works with NHS England to ensure that all our residents have access to a GP and that GP practices deliver safe, high quality services to their patients.
We believe this new arrangement will help us to improve patient care in the following ways:
- Improved access to primary care and more out-of-hospitals services available closer to home;
- High quality out-of-hospitals care;
- Improved health outcomes, equity of access, reduced inequalities; and
- A better patient experience through more joined up services.
The GYW CCG Primary Care Commissioning Committee Terms of Reference can be found here.
The Committee meets bimonthly and members of the public are welcome to attend. If confidential and sensitive matters are being discussed, the public may be excluded from this part of the meeting. The Committee is chaired by a Lay Member, and to minimise conflicts of interest, only Lay Members or Executive Officers of the CCG are voting committee members.
The Committee shall consist of the following members:
CCG Lay members x2
CCG Accountable Officer (or their nominated deputy)
CCG Chief Financial Officer (or their nominated deputy)
Director of Contracting (or their nominated deputy)
Director of Commissioning and Quality (or their nominated deputy)
Secondary Care Clinician
General Practitioner (from outside GYWCCG area)
Practice Manager (from outside GYW CCG area)
Local Government member from System Leadership Partnership
Non-voting attendees considered to hold significant influence are listed as follows:
- NHS England
- Local General Practitioners
- Local Registered Nurses working within General Practice
- Health Watch representative
- Patient Participation Group Forum member
- Health and Wellbeing Board representative
- Local Medical Committee representative