Patient and Citizen Leadership ‘Leading Change’ programme
Delivered on behalf of the Norfolk and Waveney STP in collaboration with the Eastern Academic Health Science Network (EASHN) and Health Education England, The Patient and Citizen Leadership ‘Leading Change’ programme delivered by The King’s Fund (working with the Clinical Senate) is a bespoke leadership training programme designed specifically to support patient and citizen representatives to hone their leadership skills. It is run over three consecutive days with an additional action learning day a couple of months later to discuss progress.
We are pleased to be able to run a session within our own system and would encourage patient and citizen representatives of Commission, Provider and System Boards to register for a place today.
When: Four dates - participants must commit to all date:
- Part 1 - 18, 19, 20 June 2019
- Part 2 - 21 August (this date my change due to summer holidays)
- Venue – Mercure Hotel, 121-131 Boundary Road, Norwich, NR3 2BA
Who can attend: Aimed at patient and citizen representatives working with organisations in Norfolk and Waveney STP
What are the learning outcomes?
The programme seeks to support patient and citizen leaders to:
- Update existing and develop new skills to engage with health professionals at the top two levels of the Participation Ladder.
- Ensure members can influence decisions on service change, initially in STPs and CCGs, but wider in the long term.
Delegates will be supported to understand:
- Context - input on their local healthcare system and their expected role
- The opportunity for them to clarify and define what it means to be in their role
- Benchmark their strengths and development areas
- An introduction to the core skills and practices of a leader of change
- The chance to practice these skills in the afternoon of each day and to model and pay attention to what it means to be a 'reflective practitioner' and leader of change
- To identify barriers to being successful in their role both individually and as a collective and a strategy and plan of action to manage these barriers going forward.
- Places are free for participants.
- Spaces are limited and are subject to review upon demand.
- A light lunch will be provided for participants on each day.
Book your place today! Please email Trevor Fernandes at the Clinical Senate to book your place firstname.lastname@example.org