The telephone number for the POD service is Tel 01502 718615
NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney CCG regularly review local prescribing practice based on the latest evidence available and in line with guidance from The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE).
All of these reviews are held on our Knowledge Anglia website and will be updated as revisions are made.
Bank Holiday Opening hours for your pharmacy
NHS England publishes regular updates please visit their website to confirm details of your local pharmacy opening times.
Prescription Ordering Direct Service (POD)
The NHS Prescription Ordering Direct (POD) service is an easy way for you to order your repeat prescription by telephone.
The NHS POD is operated by GYWCCG and has dedicated call handlers, trained to take requests for repeat prescriptions.
Surgeries where the POD service is available:
- Bungay Medical Practice
- High Street Surgery
- The Beaches (formerly Central Surgery and Gorleston Medical Centre)
- Kirkley Mill Surgery
- The Park Surgery
- The Millwood Partnership
- East Norfolk Medical Practice
- The Nelson Medical Practice
- Bridge Road Surgery
- Solebay Surgery
- Alexander Road and Crestview Surgeries (Go 'Live' date 27 November)
The NHS POD will be rolled out to other surgeries in the coming months.
Tel 01502 718615
Please note, requests will not be taken for acute medications or urgent prescriptions.
Telephone lines are open between 8.00 am and 4.30 pm Monday to Friday (excluding weekends and bank holidays).
Outside of these hours if you have difficulty accessing the service please request a call back by clicking on this link.
Patients are advised to:
- Please check your medication cupboard before ordering
- We ask patients to order their prescription when they have 7 days of medication left
- If you have a build-up of medication please let us know so that we can adjust the quantities so that everything falls in line.
- Please do not order ‘just in case’. If you need medication in the future then you will still be able to request it.
- Let us know if you have stopped taking any of your medication.
Please Click here to view the POD leaflet for more details about the service.
The NHS Prescription Ordering Direct (POD) service is provided, on behalf of your GP practice by NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney Clinical Commissioning Group (GYWCCG).